Thursday 29 March 2018

Problem Solving class and leading a workshop

Thursday, 29 March 2018

Today I observed the problem solving class again.  Each time I am able to see new strategies that the kids seem to learn through the problem solving process.  It is interested to see the different levels of grit that kids display and to speak with them afterwards to gain more insight and ask follow-up questions.










After the problem solving class, I hosted a 3 hour workshop for about 35 teachers and school leaders about using classroom video as a tool for professional development (VPLC - Video Professional Learning Community).  I wasn't nervous about presenting, but I was a little worried about the timing and if we really needed 3 hours like they had asked me to use.  It seems like most workshops for teachers in Singapore are 3 hours (whether they need to be that long or not is another question).  The workshop went really well though and I got great feedback on the survey from the participants.  I forgot to take any pictures, except for this one of the participants during the work time.


Some of the positive feedback participants shared on their surveys:

  • "Good resources, and hands-on experiences."
  • "Hands-on practice, tools and strategies are useful across subjects."
  • "Very clear delivery, and very useful sharing."
  • "The presenter shared very real examples. She is also very empathetic to all participants.  She is able to look into everyone's perspectives."

No comments:

Post a Comment