Sunday 14 January 2018

Singapore Botanic Gardens

14 January 2018

Bren and I woke up around 5:00am this morning to watch the Falcons vs. Eagles playoff game.  We didn't win which was a bummer, but it was still fun to wake up early and video chat our friends while they watched as well.

I tried to not pack a lot of unessential clothing, but my Falcons shirt was one of the nonessential items that made the cut. I think that is one thing I have learned between living abroad in England, talking to Bren about the two plus years he lived in Japan, and now both of us living in Singapore--it's important to have little things that remind you of home and keep you connected.


The sun came up and out today! I felt the rays on my skin and realized I hadn't felt that in a while--it was wonderful! We definitely wanted to do something outside and had read good things about the botanic gardens.  The gardens did not disappoint.  There are miles (kilometers here) of trails, lots of ponds and wildlife, and beautiful flowers and trees--and it is free! 







This part was called the "Evolution Forest" where you could journey through time from the fiery beginnings of our planet to the first living organisms and gradually changing plant life on land.  All the vegetation, and especially the tree ferns were very neat.





Bren was waving and talking to turtles and fish :)


The flowers were all so pretty and I took pictures of all of them.
















And my blog post for Sunday would not be complete without a food picture :)  We ate sushi for dinner.  I am loving that we can eat so many different, authentic foods that I have never tried from so many different cultures while all in one city.




No comments:

Post a Comment