Wednesday 24 January 2018

ICA for Student Pass and NIE for Student Card

Wednesday and Thursday, 24 and 25 January 2018

I had an appointment this morning at ICA (Immigrations and Checkpoint Authority) to provide all my documentation to get a student pass visa.  It was a lengthy process, but not nearly as long or tedious as Freddy made it sound.  At one point they asked me for a document that Freddy thought he had already printed for us at AST.  He hadn't though and we had to go to the basement of the building and try to print it.  Freddy was super stressed out about it, but it just didn't seem to be that big of deal to me.  After all, I have 90 days as a tourist here before it would even be an issue.  Finally we figured it out though and got it printed.  After it was all said and done, Freddy looked at me and said "you sure know how to stay calm and patient, makes sense that you're a teacher."  Haha.  I took it as a compliment for sure--there is no sense in freaking out over things you can't fully control, and things seem to always work out one way or another.  I got my student pass card though and am feeling pretty official:

We went to lunch afterwards and ate rice, chicken, and vegetables cooked in a claypot over the fire.  It was delicious!

After lunch we explored Little Thailand in the Golden Mile Complex building:



On Thursday I went to to NIE to retrieve my Student ID card;






I'm feeling pretty legit now with all my Singapore ID cards.  Logan and I video chatted tonight which was really fun and nice to catch up.  I miss her!



2 comments:

  1. The technology has improved since we Skyped with David when he moved to Texas. Always good to see your pretty face when we chat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Momma--yeah, having technology like video chatting makes it so much easier to stay connected :) Sorry I didn't have a screen shot from talking with you and dad since I couldn't see your faces haha!

    ReplyDelete