Sunday 1 April 2018

Sungei Buloh and Easter

Saturday 31 March - Sunday 1 April 2018

On Saturday morning Bren and I took the train up to Woodlands and then a bus to Sungei Buloh Wetlands Reserve.  We walked a few miles through the jungle, along the coastal trails and boardwalk, and around the large wetland loop.  We saw mudskippers, crabs, shellfish, bats, birds, an equatorial spitting cobra (that Bren fortunately stopped me from almost walking over), monitor lizards, giant banana spiders, and three crocodiles.






























On Easter Sunday, I went to mass at the catholic Church of the Holy Spirit close to our apartment.  It was neat to see how similar the mass ceremony is all around the world now that I've attended mass across the USA, England, Italy, and Singapore.  The congregation was very ethnically diverse though--similar to Singapore.  We also got to video chat with Luke and Rachel, mom, dad, Kevin, and David and Karli.  I loved seeing all there faces and catching up.  I miss them!


No comments:

Post a Comment