Monday 2 April 2018

Last Day at 2nd School and run at Sengkang Riverside Park


Monday, 2 April 2018

The past 6 weeks have flown by and today is my last day at my second attachment school.  I definitely feel like I've gotten to know students and staff here well and it's bittersweet to be leaving today.  It's a strange feeling to say bye to people that I will most likely never see again.  The staff in staff room 3 that I spent the most time with gave me some thoughtful parting gifts:  a laminated photo with notes and signatures on the back, cookies, and some kind hand-written notes (my favorite!).  I also spent the most time in a particular Sec 4G class and many of the students in there I got to know fairly well in the short time.  In Singapore WhatsApp (a messaging app is very widely used).  Students and teachers commonly communicate via this app because you can send group messaged to your whole class).  When I leave Singapore, my WhatsApp number that students and teachers know will change back to my USA number so I tried to share my email address with as many as possible so that they could keep in touch and even participating in some exchanges with my Atlanta students.  During our last class together, a few gave me hugs and thanked me for joining their class as well as requested to take selfies hah.




















After school Bren suggested we run a new course along the coastal water near Sengkang Riverside Park.  Since we've been in Singapore, Bren has started playing Pokemon Go a lot.  It was a craze in the USA for a short while, but then really died out.  It is still huge in Singapore.  There was a Pokemon event happening and Bren needed to collect ghost Pokemon and there were apparently a lot in Sengkang Park haha.  We walked around the park collecting ghost Pokemon, saw lots of people doing the same, and this guy walking with two birds on his shoulders.  The run was really nice though because the breeze off the ocean made it so much cooler.  We had to change a course a bit because Coney Island closed at 7pm so we weren't able to run across it. We'll have to try and do this run again in the future and include Coney Island.  We ate dinner at a hawker center in the area and headed back to the apartment on the MRT.






No comments:

Post a Comment